Monday, March 2, 2009

a prayer for my country

Dear God,

For the first time in my life, im scared about the future of this country. For the first time, i truly feel like we are going down the wrong path, that we are going to teach future generations they dont need to work hard because the government will bail them out.

For the first time im not sure if my decisions for my future are right. I fear instead of being on a foreign battlefield i will be in the battlefields of fullerton, omaha and oklohoma city. Instead of protecting America from those that would do us harm i would be fighting against people who want thier freedom back.

Please lord, give me clarity to sort through all this. Please give my leaders the clarity to do your will. Most of all, please dont make this decision be one that i have to compromise my morals in order to complete.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment